Friday, April 8, 2011

Roasted purple sweet potatoes












Gary from Alway Organics excitedly showed me these beautiful purple sweet potato last week, and I became addicted to styling and photographing them just because they command attention. I love how you can see the white lines running throw the flesh.

These ones were quiet small around 10cm and I simply cut them in half and rubbed extra virgin olive oil and celtic sea salt and pepper all over, popping in the oven for fifteen minutes. They are so sweet and starchy I ate them for dessert.

The nutritional content is high and they have been named the next big Superfood, big call, anyhow the nutrient roll up is something like this ; rich in beta carotene, vitamin A and b vitamins, a complex carbohydrate (low gi) and it's great for stabilising blood sugar levels. I can imagine making this into a puree with cinnamon would be super delicious too!

No comments:

Post a Comment