Monday, March 21, 2011

Bream with sourdough breadcrumbs, lemon, parsley and pine nuts












My clients Christina and Rob surprised me with this fresh caught bream in their fridge I kept it simple with what I had in my produce box. This dish reminds me of my childhood, my late father had boat's and I would go fishing with him when I was around 8 we would go far out to sea and I remember seeing breaching whales and in his family my uncle is a commercial fisherman so I have a close connection with the ocean and it's edible creatures....

If you don't have any fresh caught fish of course that is ok you can go to your fish monger and buy some.



1 bunch parsley
2 tablespoons pine nuts
3 tablespoons sourdough breadcrumbs (I use demeter) or make fresh ones in the food processor
1 lemon, grated
Sea salt and pepper

Throw all these ingredients into a mortar and pestle and then stuff the fish, bake for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment