Wednesday, January 5, 2011

White Christmas (healthy whole-food version for health fanatics)















I know this is a really late blog entry and I should have written up this recipe 2 week's ago but I got busy cooking other thing's!

My boyfriend and family ate all my millet puffs and goji berry white Christmas and they couldn't believe it was a healthy version of this copha evil sweet. So here's my version.

This is the only time of the ever I ever use white chocolate in anything, I'm not a fan and it's devoid of any nutritional value but gotta keep the people happy in my cooking life! And when using a high quality white chocolate it makes this recipe super yummy.


2 blocks lindt almond white chocolate or green and blacks white chocolate
3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
1 cup millet puffs from abundant earth
1/2 cup goji berries
1/2 cup dried apple sweetened cranberries
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup raw pistachios
1/2 cup dried shredded coconut


Method

Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil in a bain maries, it will take a while as there is a low cocoa (fat) ratio so it will be thick add in some fat such as the coconut oil to help it along. In a mixing bowl mix the remaining ingredients then when the chocolate is thin and melted pour over. Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper and press the mixture in, refridgerate for 1 hour then cut into squares and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment