Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sea Asparagus















I picked up some Sea Asparagus at the Honolulu farmers markets from a beautiful couple that harvest this interesting product in Kahuku, the texture is crunchy twig like, the taste salty and clean nothing quite like I have tasted. It's also know as Sea beans, Samphire and Glasswort.

Described on there information fact sheet as a exotic gourmet vegetable with ocean taste and refreshing crunchy texture,(similar to the way I described it) the food as medicine benefits are remarkable it protects the liver, increases healthy mood, enhances stamina and reduces cancer.

Also rich in vitamin A, iron, sodium and calcium.

All I can say is yum yum, I ate it with a cold soba noodle salad from the ramen diner up the road and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment