Monday, December 28, 2009

Chopped caesar salad with left over christmas turkey




We had such a heavy traditional Christmas lunch, even to be polite I go with the flow and eat my mum's prepared lunch but I find it hard so I have a little, then I rest to digest.

This is my post boxing day recipe to use up some of that free range organic left over turkey

recipe -

Cooked turkey pulled apart
1 small cos lettuce cut into small pieces
1 sourdough bread for croutons ( rip into little squares roll in olive oil and sea salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes - and crispy)
1 cucumber diced into small pieces
french green beans trimmed and blanched for 2 minutes

dressing for salad

2 coodled eggs (runny only cooked for 2 minutes in boiled water)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/3 extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon dijon mustard

Put all the dressing ingredients above in a blender careful not to split egg and oil mix (if it separates start again)

Place all the salad ingredients into a large bowl and mix through dressing so it"s coated well and serve

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment